Sign in to follow this  
smee

Text on path problem

I have been using Inkscape for a while now and have put text on path a hundred times, but for some reason when I try to do it now it tips the text upside down underneath the line. I know it's probably something simple, but I'm blowed if I can work it out. Has anyone got any any idea how I change this back to normal ie putting the text on top of the line.

Cheers in advance.

Are you using the bezier tool to draw the line for the path? If so, make sure you draw it from left to right and not vice versa. If you draw it right to left, it will cause the text to be put on the path upside down. Same is true if you are drawing boxes with the bezier for perspective appearance text. The box must be created starting at the bottom left corner.

Hope this helps

Thanks guys!  I managed to curve the text but I had to everything kinda back to front and up side down, I then saved as a path and mirror imaged it and Ta-Dah...up the right way....magic.  Not technically correct, but what ever works!! 

It's been a few days since I posted the thread and now for some reason the settings have gone back to normal. Goodness knows what I hit to change it in the first place??

All's well that ends well... Cheers