Sign in to follow this  
Stlouistech

Font Use

I have a customer that wants me to print 22 shirts for his racing team. He is wanting me to use a font called Backlash.ttf.

In the readme it says

It is based on the logo of WWE Backlash PPV Show. This font is free for personal and/or non-commercial use.

I would assume since he will be selling these to friends and everyone then it would be commerical use correct? I am trying to cover my @$$ about this I don't want to get sued over 22 shirts!

he is also wanting to use his sponsor's logo, I asked him for written consent from the sponsor, but he said it is in pending trademark...How do I go about this the legal way? Do I just not use it? What would I need from his sponsor? A letter saying I can reproduce it and put it on his clothing?

I am new to this and don't want to loose me @$$ over 22 shirts!

Find a free font that looks really similiar to the one that he wants you to use. Also, tell him you would still need to get permission from the logo owners even if it is still pending. That should cover you hopefully.

I thought you can cut/print logos as long as you don`t charge for them ? I mainly cut vinyl as a hobby and only sell non logo items . If I cut a logo they get for free , which has only been for my friends anyways .