Sign in to follow this  
bayshorecreations

Accounting question

Who here uses an accountant or a bookkeeper to take care of their books and sales records?

I am thinking of finding someone or using a company to do mine, I can't stand doing that stuff and putting it all into Quick Books.

So if you do use one, is it a big company or a private individual?

What does it cost ?

How often do you bring them everything like receipts, sales slips, etc?

Thanks guys.

I use one every day, my wife. Ex-accountant.

If you sit down with one they'll tell you how often to bring the info or scan it in and email it to them.

Maybe they'll even setup your quickbooks and teach you how to keep the records, and they'll balance from that.

Is your wife looking for a new customer?

If you're thinking about using quickbooks pro check out the reviews on amazon

http://www.amazon.com/QuickBooks-Pro-2010-OLD-VERSION/product-reviews/B002KINCSW/ref=sr_1_1_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

I'm using microsoft accounting and so far it's not bad but they've since dropped support for it and started looking for other software to use and looked into quickbooks. I used it for years and finally tossed it in the trash after having to deal with all the ads and 'to use this feature you need to pay for it' b.s. After reading the reviews it appears they've gotten worse so I'm passing on them once again...

When it comes to accountants be carefull who you deal with, one guy came in and sold me a bill of good. to make a long story short, they were supposed to come in monthly to pick up any paperwork go over and problems i had etc etc. 2 weeks after i hired him the guy that 'made the rounds' quit, the first 6 months of reports were late and when the accountant finally came in he said i had to make a $6000 adjustment to my books. when i asked him to 'show me' were my books were that far off he couldn't. turned out he was using my bank statements to balance my books which is totally retarded. This guy was part of some nationwide accounting group e.k. williams, I would avoid them at all cost. He also totally screwed up my tax returns and caused me MAJOR problems and ended up costing me over $21k... (he was of course a certified tax accountant which explains me getting screwed over!  :'( )

Is your wife looking for a new customer?

No, retired early.

Where are you from? Do you operate out of Bayville? I'm in Toms River.

I would ask around town for someone local or a stay at home mom or dad that does Accounting.

Also check some small business networks.