239 Design

New guy needs help with how to lay out image and price?

Hi everyone! I have a friend that needs some hoodies printed for her girls basketball team and I really don't want to lose my but OR over charge her. She is getting all the orders and delivering the shirts so I am making hers for the cost of the hood. I mainly do screen printing but except for the team name all the hoods are going to be differnt. I will try to post a pic It is on a white hood the 3 colors on the back and a one color name and number on the front.Thanks Scott PS I was thinking about screen printing the ball and heat pressing the number on over it but I have not tryed this yet? Otherwise I was going to let the shirt color be the white for the number if I cut it from vinyl?

post-8677-12986557717527_thumb.gif

post-8677-12986557738677_thumb.gif

Do you have a question? I just don't understand what it is.

I think a border around the the number would make it POP.

Also, even if the number and name are one color, they're different colors, therefore two screens or tape off and a color change.

Is your question whether to screen print and vinyl or just all vinyl?

Hi, Thanks for the reply. What I'm trying to figure out it whats the best way to do this job as the # in the ball is going to change for each team member. I know it looks like a easy no brainer but I haven't done anything for a team yet. I tried to talk them into moving the # off of the ball but that is what they wanted. Should I screen print the ball and put vinyl #'s on the top? I thought the font should be the same as there shirts? I will put a outline around the # and give it a look. I was also thinking about screen printing the team name on them as that is the only thing that will be the same on all of the hoods. As of right now I think I am just going to cut and heat press everything. Thanks Scott

Scott,

I would cut vinyl for the number otherwise you need stencil numbers or a separate screen for each number.

I bought a number system from Pocono Screen Printing. They sell one complete system then you can buy the other screen sizes for the smaller and/or larger numbers.

We bought the system that screws in screen press. We bought the screens for the 8" numbers. Now I need to buy the 10", 6", and 4" screens.

I was also thinking of making those.