jwilson504

Where to find mugs

Hi all, I just started sand blasting about a month ago.  Have done a few mugs that I purchased from Dollar Tree.  I guess it is my wonderful luck or something, but I went to buy more mugs the other day and was informed that they do not cary them any more.  Does anyone have suggestions where I can get glass mugs for etching?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

Jeff

I was told at the Dollar Tree to go to their website and you can order anything they carry and it will be delivered to your store and you can pick it up. They carry mugs. Perhaps your store  quit handling them.

I have yet to see the mugs online. I was just recently in one of my local stores and picked up 24. I was talking to the manager as he walked them out to my truck (wahoo!!) asking if they would always be in stock. He replied that they are a big hit and have been in their system for about a year now and don't look like they will stop carrying them. I would try to contact a manager from the store, or a different branch.

I really like them and just recently found the true supplier of the mugs too: http://www.libbey.com/content/view/61/89/

I haven't really had any time to look into them, they seem as a good manufacturer, but they work through a distributor line up. I am hoping to find a little bit more quality mugs later down the road, one that does not have a line between the two halfs of the mug. If anyone finds a better mug for maybe $1 or $2, I would love to know!

Hope that helps.

I didnt see the mugs on line either but i called and gave them the barcode number and they have them. Im currently doing an order for 80 mugs and I have another one that should be 200. the bar code is 31009584789

The ones I picked up at Dollar Tree the bar code is 31009 58478, 12 mugs to a case.

they told me they needed the last small 9 also

Odd, bar code I have doesn't show up either.  :lol:

Did you call them? i couldnt find it either but when i called they said they had them

Can you take a picture of the whole mug and post it on this site?

I have a friend that sales Restaurant ware and he might have those mugs or similar ones. I just sent him an email for his website.

As soon as I get it I'll post it here.

If I get a chance this weekend I'll stop by my local Dollar Tree store. They seem to have quite a bit of stuff.

Can you take a picture of the whole mug and post it on this site?

I have a friend that sales Restaurant ware and he might have those mugs or similar ones. I just sent him an email for his website.

As soon as I get it I'll post it here.

If I get a chance this weekend I'll stop by my local Dollar Tree store. They seem to have quite a bit of stuff.

Dollar Tree is the way to go, I still can get them in Portland.

A friend of a friend owns a restaurant supply store and they wholesale a simmilar mug for $4.00.

greg

Thanks all,  I will see if another DT has them.  On another note, the aluminum water bottles turn out great.  I etched some the other day with 220 AO and was very impressed on how they turned out.  I did a wrap around scene and have gotten a lot of compliments.  When I get around to it, I will take a picture and post it.

Thanks again!  Jeff

My local DT has the mugs and not the aluminum water bottles. Go figure!  :lol: I've been wanting to try the bottles.

Can you throw it in the dishwasher a few times and come back with the results? I have heard when we do those bottles, we might need to spray a clear coat over the sandblasted area. I read that in some other area of the forum.

I have been keeping an eye out on those bottles too!

Well Pitbull, I would love to throw it in the dishwasher.  (My wife would love to be able to also).  :lol:  Our washer has been broken for a while and I haven't taken time to fix it and I am too much of a tight wad to have someone else fix it. 

Well Pitbull, I would love to throw it in the dishwasher.  (My wife would love to be able to also).   :lol:  Our washer has been broken for a while and I haven't taken time to fix it and I am too much of a tight wad to have someone else fix it. 

Make a few for your neighbors and have them wash them?

Dishwashers aren't that expensive.

Buy a cheapie, no one will know the difference.

Also, when you do get it repaired or buy a new one, always keep water in the bottom. The seals dry up really fast.

Learned this the hardway. I then bought a cheap one when we sold the house. lol  :thumbsup:

I get mugs just like those from my local walmart for $2 each. Cheaper than I can have them shipped from my supplier. They have two different sizes in stock at my store.

Kevin

I get mugs just like those from my local walmart for $2 each. Cheaper than I can have them shipped from my supplier. They have two different sizes in stock at my store.

Kevin

Have any pictures of these mugs?

Here they are.

Looks about the same as the Dollar Tree ones.

Personally, I will not buy anything from Wall-Mart. They are one of the worlds worst companies and I will not give them my hard earned money.

I look at it this way, I may be giving them money but at the same time i am making money from it, and then someone in the public is spending money with me that they would probably otherwise spend at wally world. Balancing act of sorts.

Plus if my suppliers charge $4 for a mug that is the same or less quality, i would be stupid to buy it now wouldn't I?