jwilson504

Where to find mugs

I look at it this way, I may be giving them money but at the same time i am making money from it, and then someone in the public is spending money with me that they would probably otherwise spend at wally world. Balancing act of sorts.

Plus if my suppliers charge $4 for a mug that is the same or less quality, i would be stupid to buy it now wouldn't I?

Do those mugs have the lines from the two halfs being put together like the dollar tree ones?

they have a mold line yes but it's not too bad. Some of them I found in dollar tree like places have had really pronounced ones, but these are ok. I placed vinyl across them to sandblast and out of 100+ mugs I have only had 1 or 2 that I had a little bit of blow out on. but it wasn't serious enough to scrap it.

Kevin

How about etching on ceramic coffee cups.  Has anyone tried that?  If so, any pointers and how should they be finished as far as coating or painting?

Thanks, Jeff

A note on the dish-washing thing. Sandblast etching is permanent if you do it good enough. it will not wash off or even wear completely off. I have washed the mugs I do Dozens of times and they are still holding up great. As a test I left one out on the deck through the entire summer and then brought it in and threw it int eh dishwasher. Still looks as good as the day i did it.

BTW: you can not just pass the blaster over it until it turns a little hazy, that is not enough, you have to blast them until there is no remnant of the smooth portion of the glass left.

Kevin