Sign in to follow this  
TheCustomVinylShop

Gymnastics Meet - Sales Opportunity

Hey all, I have an opportunity to set up a booth at a Gymnastics Meet in three weeks or so. This will be the second gymnastics meet that we have done, but our first with our new heat-press (We bought an 16" x 20" Geo-knight clamshell.

Last time we sold decals and customized coroplast signs and didn't do too bad ($350.00 All Day) but it was a boys meet. This time its a girls meet so we are expecting a lot more business.

My question to you all is, are there any other money making ideas that I am leaving out that we can offer? And with a meet of 200 Girls, and all of their parents and siblings, how many shirt should I expect to have on hand to sell? We have purchased 50, with a mixture of T shirts, hoodies, and long sleeve shirts.

Any insight is appreciated.

Thanks

you could get some tote bags from jiffy they are only a little over a dollar each and with the right thing on them could be a great seller because of the girls/woman.  Just a thought....

If you have worked with rhinestones, I'd recommend them. Also have some glitter vinyl on hand too. I sell through a skate shop which happens to be across the parking lot from a gymnastics place, and girls will always be girls.

You cut the template with your cutter to "fill" the rhinestone, then transfer the rhinestone on a transfer sheet and heatpress to shirt.

Create a store that they can buy from all the time.

Tell them if they buy from you at the event they get a discount.

If they want something you don't have with you, but you do carry it, have them pay now, and ship them the product.

We sold t-shirts with dogs and cats on them. People love animals.

A couple of people asked for pictures of grand kids or family. We had them pay there, and than we dropped off the shirts.

Also, take pictures with a digital camera, print them and apply with your new Geo Knight.

Thats a good idea.

We were planning on carrying a short supply, and taking orders that we will say will be shipped within a week, payment upfront of course.

I don't want to offer too many things, I want to keep it relevant to the event, but we will have a portfolio book with all of the stuff that we do offer.

We also are in the process of getting a fairly large order from one of the teams at the gym, should be somewhere in the neighborhood of 50 shirts, average sales price of $16.00.

UPDATE

We had the meet this weekend and brought in a little over $800.00 Gross.

We sold a lot of shirts and hoodies, as well as car decals and some Vinyl Wall Art oddly enough. All in all it was a big success. We still have a lot of refinement to do before our next meet in one month.

Thanks to everyone for your ideas.

We did not take any photos of our setup, We had planned on it but were too busy.

We basically took the front desk of the Gym so it was easier. We Hung a few hoodies so people could see the front and back, and wrapped the tee shirts in square pieces of coroplast and pitched them up on the counter so people could see. We also had a window decal display on an easel for easy viewing.

We then brought a few portfolios of our wall art for people to browse while they were waiting that was a huge success.