Sign in to follow this  
wasatchcars

Help with printing small decals

I have a opportunity to make those little decals for some car dealers you see on the back of cars with there name, phone # & wed site.

There about 2' X 4'

All the ones I see are cut vinyl but there is no way they can pay me enough to cut & weed 100+ of those they will be like $2 each.

If I get me a Epson 1100 im thinking I could do full color decals for them at a price we can all live with.

Ok here is the question finally.

If I get a Epson could I print on clear vinyl (and what vinyl would that be)

Also would it stand up to car washes and the sun?

Also what ink would I use.

Any help would be appreciated and I am open to other options I have not thought of.

Hate to say this. I don't think the WF1100 is going to be your solution. Even if you find a coated clear vinyl (it'll be expensive if it exists) the pigment ink is still not opaque enough to show up on non-white backgrounds. Also it'll need to be laminated to stand up to the proposed use. Best to find someone with a solvent printer to do this for you.

Those decals are not usually cut on a plotter......They are done with dies made on a CNS lathe.......The dies are put on a letter press and heated (thermal die cutting).....When the heated die hits the vinyl, it melts it.....It is the type of job that is best to outsource...Stouse or Cob Decals does them....

But even it there are die cut or plotter cut don't they need to be weeded all the same?

I see how color on clear wont work.

I guess I should just leave this job alone.