Sign in to follow this  
fishyboy1

WF1100 printing weird

Hopefully someone can help me out here.  Frustrated beyond belief.........!!!!!!!!

I have a file in illustrator cs5 (CMYK) that is a light grey color that I print on my WF1100 and it comes light blue.  I print it (same file) on a HP D7160 (cheap office printer) and it comes out like my file looks.  I've noticed this on other things to that the colors come out kinda funny, but this grey thing is killing me. 

I attached a picture, obviously the one on the left is the WF1100 print and the right is the HP.

Any help appreciated!?!?!?!!?

Doug

post-6786-12986556815439_thumb.jpg

post-6786-12986556846943_thumb.jpg

I ended up just printing it in grayscale.

Cartridges are in the right spot.

It still prints funky though, just doesn't print real vivid colors.  I don't know if it's me and what I'm doing in illustrator or what.  I'm using CMYK, but it usually doesn't come out looking like what's on my screen.

Did you Calibrate your screen?

If not, do a search for Calibrating your Monitor. Don't know if anyones done that on this forum. If not, pretty sure I saw it on www.t-shirtforums.com .

Hope this helps.

I just don't get it.  I've tried all these things.  Just printed another test with some oranges, blacks, grays, and whites.  All the colors came out good except for the grays and blacks, they came out blue for some reason.  Printed them out on my work printer and they all came out perfect. 

Not having any luck with this 1100 like everyone else does, and I just don't know what to do to fix it.

Are you using oem ink or aftermarket? May have to reduce the cyan.

It kinda all started when I started using refillable cartridges from Cobra, but I stopped using them and went back to oem with no luck.  I can't get my GX-24 to recognize my registration marks now either.  I'm just really frustrated with it.  Everyone raves about it and I had luck with it for awhile and now it just isn't producing good results.