Sign in to follow this  
Budsoda

Anyone had this happen to them..?

I have a Refine MH 1351 and i was cutter out a job with artcut on 24" vinyl ... it was cutter along fine and then the plotter heah just stared to cut at a 45 dedree right through my art work...? so i was thinking maybe i left a line the art work that i didn't see and delete.. so i let it keep cutting... and that i would just cut out new letter to fit it..the job was 24" x 118" ..so then it did it again and again a total of 5 times..it was just about done cutting when the plotter heat just lifted up and took off to the other end and slam in to it..and it wanted to keep on going so i had to stop the job..has anyone had this happen to them...PS: I downloaded a free EPS file for this maybe i got a virus..?

Guest fivestar

I have had this happen to me when I had a file that had way too many nodes in it.  Someone on another forum cleaned it up for me and I never had any problems since. 

No it would not be a virus causing it.  Sounds like the plotter ran out of memory or something to that affect.

I have had the same problem, and it was caused by too many nodes also.  Part of what I was cutting was drawn in Autocad(I've been using it for 20 yrs. so it was easier for what I was doing).  When it was imported into Artcut, it had thousands of nodes.  Straight lines 2" long would have hundreds of nodes when it only needed 2.  After deleting unnecessary nodes, I didnt have any more problems.

Is there a way to fix my projects in Adobe Illustrator CS2? I do not have much experience with it, but it is an easy way to make EPS art to cut in Sign Cut X2.