BYounkinDesign

Using CutChoice with the Roland CX - 300- help with connection

I use this everyday to make signs. I know that this an older program to use. I use CutChoice with the Illustrator 10 plugin. The problem I'm having now is went I go to File > Cut/Plot (in illustrator) a message pops up. The first message is asking about using verison 7. Click yes. Which is fine.  But now CutChoice tries to loaded than a mesage pops up. Box named: PreProd Message: "Cannot Connect to Roland CutChoice, try to connect again?" Yes or No . Click Yes it just repeats the message.

I can open CutChoice and it will connect to the plotter, I don't now how to cut from there.

I'm using Windows XP service pack 3, USB connect, Roland CutChoice 1.10 , CAMM 1 Pro CX-300.

I call Roland but they wanted to charge me to tell me what to do.

BYounkinDesign,

Same problem here. I am in Singapore. I may give up using Roland Cutter once and for all!!! They are not providing responsible support for Windows 7 and OSX 10.6 for some of us who are holding on to their legacy cutters!!!

I just lost a pool of customers!!

Thanks to the strange and sudden pop-up PreProd message!!! I am now trouble-shooting days and nights going through the tedious process of installing and uninstalling the whole OS and drivers and softwares but to no avail.post-16911-0-38275600-1300301847_thumb.j

I use this everyday to make signs. I know that this an older program to use. I use CutChoice with the Illustrator 10 plugin. The problem I'm having now is went I go to File > Cut/Plot (in illustrator) a message pops up. The first message is asking about using verison 7. Click yes. Which is fine.  But now CutChoice tries to loaded than a mesage pops up. Box named: PreProd Message: "Cannot Connect to Roland CutChoice, try to connect again?" Yes or No . Click Yes it just repeats the message.

I can open CutChoice and it will connect to the plotter, I don't now how to cut from there.

I'm using Windows XP service pack 3, USB connect, Roland CutChoice 1.10 , CAMM 1 Pro CX-300.

I call Roland but they wanted to charge me to tell me what to do.

BYounkinDesign,

Same problem here. I am in Singapore. I may give up using Roland Cutter once and for all!!! They are not providing responsible support for Windows 7 and OSX 10.6 for some of us who are holding on to their legacy cutters!!!

I just lost a pool of customers!!

Thanks to the strange and sudden pop-up PreProd message!!! I am now trouble-shooting days and nights going through the tedious process of installing and uninstalling the whole OS and drivers and softwares but to no avail.post-16911-0-38275600-1300301847_thumb.j

Have you tried downloading SignblazerElements from here on the forum? It is a FREE permanent design and cutting software. It would probably work for your legacy cutter.. Roland drivers are available. Just look under Signblazer thread. Or you could purchase a copy of Flexistarter 10 and use with your cutter for cutting. Many people have been using Signblazer with windows 7 and Flexistarter10 can be used with windows 7