Sign in to follow this  
Signature Signworks

Banner, digital or Vinyl?

my next post!. Customer wants his pizza place on a banner, basically the company name, black and white (shadowed) Blue background with a pic of a pizza in the corner, what you rekon is best? full digital, (printing the blue background). or buying Blue Banner material, applying vinyl for lettering and print a cut and fit a pizza pic, or the final option, Print the pizza onto the blue Banner then use Vinyl for the lettering? what you rekon guys?

(his budget was

I dont know of any shop that would print a 9 foot banner for 55 bucks brother lol!  :lol:

Ben

There are 1.99 a square foot folks on Craigslist in most major centres.....Plus he is using British Pounds which are worth more than U$s.....

I can actually get banners done for $1.50/SF.  I don't know how they cover materials and ink for that.  a 3x9 would be $40.50.  That's not a wholesale price.  This guy offers that price to the public.  Just one more reason why I don't touch banners.

Dont worry fella, its a bit of a 'sweetener'. He 'should' be bringing me plenty of business. Banners are very competitive. if i do this one with just a bit of a markup he should use me again and again and again. Got 3 signshops in my town so i gotta nudge my way in somehow!

When you advertise for a low prices, many customers call with orders outside the sale price.

So, if I offered $1.50 per square foot, for one color vinyl, on a white banner or plastic sheet, than they come and ask for maybe two or three banners, multiple signs, and two or three colors. I might also have a bunch of extra banners around I need to get rid of.

Now this isn't the exact situation just an example. Some advertisers may have a full color for a certain price, but they gamble that you'll want more then one product and come back several times.

I sell t-shirts cheap, but they're screen printed. I also charge for the screen, color changes, other locations, etc.

If you don't have a lot of overhead or you can produce a bunch of products quickly you'll make more money by filling the space within the hour.

It's like cutting hair. If you can cut someones hair in five minutes. You can do twelve hair cuts in an hour. If you charge $5 per hair cut you'll make $60 per hour. Providing you have twelve people of course.

With transfers and vinyl you don't have to make screens. Even if you did you can push out several an hour.

I know a screen printer that screen printed the signs instead of using vinyl. You don't have to heat cure wood or plastic so he just screened them and let them air dry.