crash5050

Cutting printed stickers

I have a question concerning using the vinyl cutter to cut out stickers that have been printed on the laser printer.  I have sheets of 8.5 x 11 avery clear stickers that I print on the laser printer for my RC Airplanes, and quite frankly, I am tired of using the sissors when I have 2 CNC Routers and a vinyl cutter. 

Is there a remote possibility that I could use my cutter to cut this?  Alignment would be critical and quite possibly impossible.

David

post-1797-12986556546336_thumb.jpg

post-1797-1298655655382_thumb.jpg

Yes if you don't mind putting the time in to adjust the contour cutting.

What type of cutter do you have?

There are a couple of cutters that have either an Optic Eye or Laser Pointer to help you cut. If you look at this forum, I believe they have a thread for Laser Pointer cutters.

The smallest machine US Cutter has is about $500 or less, plus shipping. However, it will save you lots of time. My next machine will be a Laser Point from US Cutter.

And no, I don't work for them nor get a percentage. Of course I would gladly take one if they offered it to me. Lol.

Depends on what cutter and software you have. A few members are successful with flexistarter w contour on a non-laser cutter, but requires manual adjustment like the laser point. But if you're only cutting 8.5x11 sheets, a craft robo silhouette isn't a bad idea. It's made by graphtec and has automatic registration for contour cutting.

Good to know Hocky Girl. I've seen a few forsale on Craigslist. I figured they were a waist of time.

Can they cut 8.5 x 11 sheets? If so I'll have to take them more serious.

Screenprintr: I believe the Craft Robo has a max cutting area of ~8"x40", so a standard sheet would work well in it. And it comes with Cutting Master 2 - plug-in for AI or Corel, also some stand-alone software which is kinda crappy.

I used to have one of those that I got a special blade holder from Specialty Graphics that uses regular Graphtec blades so you can adjust the blade depth instead of using the blade caps that limits you to only 3 cutting pressures/depth. It worked well for cutting standard letter size sheets like T-shirt transfers or small sticker sheets, but I gave it to a friend after I upgraded to a 24" Graphtec.