Sign in to follow this  
Skullzeezs

Really need help!

THank you for reading this.... and helping me if you could. I have to cut a capital B in Parchment Font. I need it to be about 4" in height. This will fit inbetween my car lights. But weeding it is turning into a nightmare as the cutter cuts weird sections of the b and it pulls away.... I am very new to this and have photoshop c3 and cutting in signblazer. I am still unsure how to make it so it cuts properly. I attatched a file hoping that someone can help me ! thank you so much!! I appreciate it!

post-7677-12986556214742_thumb.jpg

post-7677-12986556223977_thumb.jpg

Just a thought bring it into SB and when its there hit the weld button and then try it?

Just a thought bring it into SB and when its there hit the weld button and then try it?

Ok did the weld, did not do anything really... STILL is cutting weird. i went into photoshop and zoomed in on the image... SEEMS the round sections making the B is what is cutting it weird.... I am really unsure as to how to fix it in photoshop.. have not spent much time playing with fixing images.... any suggestions?

Photoshop is not a vector editing program.  If you're working with an image that you created in Photoshop, I'm surprised you're able to get it to cut at all.  You can open a vector in Photoshop, but Photoshop basically converts it to a raster image.  You need something like Illustrator, Corel or Inkscape to edit vectors.

Photoshop is not a vector editing program.  If you're working with an image that you created in Photoshop, I'm surprised you're able to get it to cut at all.  You can open a vector in Photoshop, but Photoshop basically converts it to a raster image.  You need something like Illustrator, Corel or Inkscape to edit vectors.

CAN i please have a hint on what to do.. i dont mind playing and trying.. i looked up online illustrator (i do have adobe illustrator) and was trying to read on cleaning up an image... I know where the machine cuts it weird (top and on the circles on the :huh: but not sure how to make that go away... so HINTS? lol

let's start here,   Did you download the font  Parchment?    Are you just typing the font capital B in pachment on your screen in Signblazer?   Then trying to cut it in Signblazer?  This font really needs to be larger than 4" to make a good design,  It is very detailed.

let's start here,   Did you download the font  Parchment?    Are you just typing the font capital B in pachment?   Then trying to cut it in Signblazer?

I did find this:

http://www.steeldolphin.com/htmltuts/logo_design.html

not sure if this is what i am wanting to do... I really am trying to learn, LOL, not just make someone else do it... i want to learn these things....

I have downloaded the font Parchment. I am typing the capital B in parchent on Signblazer... But what i am finding is that it is cutting squiqqly shapes down the line of the B (if you zoom in you will see those circles) and the top of the B it is cutting it weird squiqqlies, not a solid line. Also its cutting bizzare circles in weird spots.... hope this makes sense.... i was hoping there was a way to make it straight on the B part so it would cut cleaner...

the font has a 2  circles on it, and other weird stuff in it.  It needs to be welded because lines are crossing on it.   That is the way the font is made.

It is just the font parchment   capital B,, once you zoom it, you can see all the weird stuff on it.  

Generally after it`s welded there is some node editing to be done to make it look right.

mark-s

Turns out I have this font.  I Typed it into flexi, hit weld and it's ready to cut.  I agree with speed though.  Anything smaller than 4" and I'd need a microscope to weed it.

Could be the OP has some cutter of software settings a bit off.