wenico

Trying to install Creation PCut CT630 on a new PC

I have my Creation PCut CT630 installed on an older laptop and it works fine.

I am trying to install it onto a newer Laptop that is a lot faster starting up etc which will make life a lot easier.

On the new laptop I have it set on Com 1 and data is sent across to the cutte but it  immediately sends the cutter over to the right and hits the cut out switch.

Otherwise it ends the data to the cutter but nothing happens.

Any ideas would be really appreciated.

Regards

Roy N.

Yes Speedoggy I read the com port os correct and the Baud settign is correct on both.

It's still not workimg.  Works fine on the old laptop which really is extremely slow butn not on the newer one.

The data get's sent... it either goes right over to the extreme right and trips the switch or just does nto do anything.

Regards

Roy N.

Changed it to Com5  Com 3 and 4 say they are in use.  No idea what with?

It is not sending data through to the cutter now.

Regards

Roy N.

You haven't stated enough info as to what cutting software you are using to what computer and system..  or USB or serial ..    try a keyspan adapter,  that is the brand name KEYSPAN   .maybe submit a support ticket then..

I'm running Windows Xp  on an ASUS Laptop through a USB connection and the software I use is SignCut X2 PE.

Regards

Roy N.

I'll try those drivers.

I think this is a com port issue.

Regards

Roy N.

Wenico I highly recommend going to www.sc-x2.com, logging into the members section, and taking advantage of the free upgrade to SignCut Pro.

If you are still having problems please call me at me 888-298-8143.

I have SignCut Pro but would rather play witht hat after I have SignCut X2 running which I am ver faqmiliar with.

I don;t think it's the software I think it's the laptop not doing the right thing wioth the Com port with the cutter.

The drivers from the Creation site seem to be an older driver  2.4 to the ones available as download from USCutter 2.6.

At this stage I'm still using the old Laptop...  I have tried it on two newer laptops that I have available to test with no success...

Both of those laptops are also set up to work with a serial/usb usb connector for an engraver and both work well with that...  That's on Com 4

The cutter is on Com 5 but will not receive the data sent.

The Software  SignCut X2 is sending the data because it shows the data going through but no reaction from the plotter.

I do appreciate the help your giving.

Regards

Roy N.