Sign in to follow this  
Stlouistech

Web Site Display Images

I am building a website to sell Vinyl Decals, Banners, etc.

I want to put up several images to that one can browse it and then choose it.

Does anyone have a zip file containing a bunch of images? How do I go about not uploading copyright material to my site?

Thanks in advance.

why would you want our images?  You NEED to come up with  ideas for your own designs.  Not copy from someone else.  Am I understanding this correctly?

I am building a website to sell Vinyl Decals, Banners, etc.

I want to put up several images to that one can browse it and then choose it.

Does anyone have a zip file containing a bunch of images? How do I go about not uploading copyright material to my site?

Thanks in advance.

You avoid copyright violations by creating your own artwork, using something in the public domain or buying artwork to use.  If you purchase a vector art collection, everything in the collection would be fine to use as long as you are not actually reselling the CD or the vector files on the CD. 

I don't want someone else's images...There are several decal websites out there that offer thousands of stickers/decals....I know for a fact that all that work they display they did not do.

you are correct.,  they probably did not!!!   and will sooner or later get nailed for copyright infringement.   There are thousands out there.  Do your own work and take pictures of it.  You don't want to be selling what everybody else sells anyway.  That is only a pricing war. You want unique and different.  That is what people are looking for.  New ideas.  New designs.

Have you had any jobs you've already done? If so, why not take a picture of those as samples and put them on your website?

I don't want someone else's images...There are several decal websites out there that offer thousands of stickers/decals....I know for a fact that all that work they display they did not do.

You can buy vector collection and legally use them to create your own decals and you could legally display a jpeg of that image as examples of the decals you can print.  To to that you have to buy the vector collections, but like speed said, if you want to stand out in the crowd, you have to offer something everyone else isn't.  Basically, you can undercut everyone else selling nickle and dime decals or sell original designs and make some decent money.