Sign in to follow this  
rrc1962

Must be a full moon

I quoted a job today for a 6' x 3' company logo installed on an office wall in two colors and the same thing with office hours on two glass entry doors...and the job is 30 minutes away.  I quoted $225.  The guy sends me an email and tells me he can get it done online for $60.  I said...That's a great INSTALLED price.  Then he asks me how much I'd charge to install his online deal.

About two hours later I quoted a van at $95 per side.  Coverage is about half the total side behind the door and above the wheel well.  Two colors, nothing overlapping.  I do these for $95 all the time...No big deal.  They guy explained that his logo was actually three colors but the third color was white and would be left void in the design to show the color of the van.  He even sent usable artwork which is rare.  A couple hours later a ratty looking RED van pulls in the shop.  I asked when he was bring the van over for lettering.  He said...This is it.  I said...This van is red, I quoted two colors on a white van.  Your logo won't work on a red background.  We'll need to layer it over white.  He said...doesn't that price include painting the van?  Ya...He was serious.

He left upset because my price of $190 was WAY too high if it didn't include paint.  Not a typo...One hundred ninety.

should have asked if he wanted the property in the east side of nashville that had the ocean view. :thumbsup:

were are located in nashville?

We stay busy enough with our steel shop so I don't mind seeing these kinds of jobs go on down the road.  I try not to even mess with anything that can't be done in the shop. 

Towman...We're over by Priest Lake.  We do signs and other custom cut projects on a CNC plasma cutter.  Let me know if you ever need anything like that.