Sign in to follow this  
rrc1962

RTA Graphics Pricing

What's everyone charging for RTA graphics?  I was thinking somewhere around 6 or 8 cents per square inch with a $15 or $20 minimum.  I guess the 6 or 8 cent charge should be for each layered color.  When you sell RTA do you ship the graphics separately and let the person applying do the layering or do you lay it up on the bench prior to shipping?

Thanks

What's everyone charging for RTA graphics?  I was thinking somewhere around 6 or 8 cents per square inch with a $15 or $20 minimum.  I guess the 6 or 8 cent charge should be for each layered color.  When you sell RTA do you ship the graphics separately and let the person applying do the layering or do you lay it up on the bench prior to shipping?

Thanks

I never charge by the square inch, since there is often design-work involved (which contributes to the price, sometimes) and every vinyl weeds differently, and every job weeds differently.

If there's layering, it's very important you do that yourself (otherwise it's not Ready To Apply). That's a tricky thing to do and I would never expect customers to do that, especially if they're paying for a completed multi-layer design. Just roll the labor into the quote. You also don't want to be training people to just do the decal work themselves, do ya? Next thing you know they bought a squeegee to finish your work...then they have a Graphtec CE-5000! ;D

I usually give a flat-rate quote based on the job, and this gets more accurate with the more jobs I do. If there's design work...generally I will charge around 50 bucks for simple design from scratch for a unique logo/graphic, but sometimes I waive this fee if it's a big order.

It's not a hard-and-fast answer, but every job needs its own quote considering the materials, the customer (your neighbor or a giant company), the quantity, how space-efficient the graphic is, weed difficulty, layering, designwork needed, installation (if any), and shipping.

i keep seeing pricing threads and really just do your homework on searching and put together something that works for YOU.

I do time and materials, simple as that.