Sign in to follow this  
FBRsportmod68

how to ?

What is the best way to get  your name out there to let people know you do vinyl work. Plan on mainly dirt track cars, banners, magnetic signs. Thanks for the time.

Word of mouth is usually the easiest and cheapest way. eBay is a good alternative.

Show up to some of the events, hand out free decals, put your name and number on the back of the decal so they know how to contact you. If you have some really great designs, then maybe full-sheet or half-sheet flyers with some thumbnails of the design on it. Provide some kind of discount to "first-time" clients, etc.

Good luck.

I have done small decals for a few clubs around town for free.  I print brief installation instructions on the back of my business card that I attach to each decal.  They get to see, touch and feel your work for free and you get your business card to a lot of people.  Then it just goes to word of mouth mostly.

one of my first customers let me put a small ad on her utility trailer. when people admire her logo they also see who did it. yeah! free advertizing.

Oh yeah, tag lines on trailers are great advertisiing if your client says its OK.

Offer to sponsor a couple of local drivers. Ask  them to cover the cost of the vinyl and maybe a little labor, put your name on their rear quarter panel. They are looking for discounts on lettering and your looking for business. Good Luck

I have a relative who is doing exactly what you are speaking about, and that being vinyl work on race cars.  He simply went to the track, did a couple of cars for free, and he ended up doing wraps on the race cars, their trailers, trucks, equipment and he can't get them away from him.  It's a niche he found and has done well with. Now, he also started out dirt cheap and proved he was capable of making a quality product. What's amazing is that he started out with a 12" inch throat Stika 12!  Got it going, and then purchased a Roland 24 and then a 48 inch. Quality is the number one selling point. (yeah, I know, nothing lasts very long on a race car).

Mike