Sign in to follow this  
mmartin

vectorizing question

When I scan an image,  i want to vectorize just one color of the image.  Is that possible?  I want to just get the blue Lost Lake out of the font.  Thanks in advance for any help.

post-6107-12986555523443_thumb.jpg

post-6107-12986555536235_thumb.jpg

Extract what you want to trace in Photoshop, then select it and make it all one consistent color, like black.  Save it as a high quality JPEG then take it to Illustrator or Corel and trace it.  You can do selective tracing, but it's easier to just get rid of everything you don't want in the JPEG first.  Selective tracing goes by color so it would be tricky to get the text without the blue arc and parts of the blue band on top.

Robert H,  thanks for the help, but it wasn't what I was looking for.  I want just the blue part of Lost Lake out of it.  RRC,  i don't have Photoshop, so that isn't an option for me.  I'm guessing you must not be able to select colors and seperate in Inkscape?

Is this what you want? may need some minor clean-up, just wanted to be sure this is what u were after.

That is exactly what I am looking for.  Thanks,  How did you do it?

I did it all thru inkscape. Go under Path then click trace bitmap. A new window will pop up. At the top it will say brightness cutoff which will be selected by default (on mine anyway). Go down and select colors. To the right, where it says scans, i changed it to 3. It will depend on how many colors your workin with. Now click update then ok( may take a few seconds or so). It will then put ur vectored image on top of the bitmap one (may be "grouped" so youll have to ungroup, OBJECT>UNGROUP) then just pull each color section apart. In your case tho, the blue arch was connected to the text so you must split nodes (unless theres another way, sorta new to this myself) to remove the arch. It can get a little tricky but the best advice i can give is just play around wit it to familiarize yourself with how different features work, thats how i learned for the most part.

I did it all thru inkscape. Go under Path then click trace bitmap. A new window will pop up. At the top it will say brightness cutoff which will be selected by default (on mine anyway). Go down and select colors. To the right, where it says scans, i changed it to 3. It will depend on how many colors your workin with. Now click update then ok( may take a few seconds or so). It will then put ur vectored image on top of the bitmap one (may be "grouped" so youll have to ungroup, OBJECT>UNGROUP) then just pull each color section apart. In your case tho, the blue arch was connected to the text so you must split nodes (unless theres another way, sorta new to this myself) to remove the arch. It can get a little tricky but the best advice i can give is just play around wit it to familiarize yourself with how different features work, thats how i learned for the most part.

thanks, Ill have to try this.