Sign in to follow this  
ChrisP

Couple MH questions

I am looking at buying a vinyl cutter to do some lettering and graphics on my pulling truck.  I don't plan to do any major business with it.  I'm looking at the MH 25" cutter.  I have a couple of questions.

1)  The MH series uses a third roller vs the vaccum fan that the Pcut uses.  How big of a deal is this?  

2)  If I buy a 25" machine, I assume I can use 12" vinyl if I wanted.  I'm not required to always use 25"?

3)  Say I have 24" vinyl in the machine and cut an image in the right corner that is 10 x 10 and a few days later want to cut another image that is 10 x 10, can I use the left corner?  Or do I have to make a clean cut across the vinyl and waste the part that is not used?

4) Can I break my graphics into colored sections with the MH cutter?  I saw youtube videos on how to do mulitple colors and there were using registration marks to line up the different colors on their cover paper.  I'm assuming I would be able to do the same with the MH units?

5)  What are the "refine" machines?

I welcome any general advice or insight also.  Kind of excited about getting into this, but don't want to just into it without the proper information and have a big 'ol paper weight. ;).  It's happened with other hobbies....

Thanks

Chris

I am looking at buying a vinyl cutter to do some lettering and graphics on my pulling truck.  I don't plan to do any major business with it.  I'm looking at the MH 25" cutter.  I have a couple of questions.

1)  The MH series uses a third roller vs the vaccum fan that the Pcut uses.  How big of a deal is this?  Not a big deal at all

2)  If I buy a 25" machine, I assume I can use 12" vinyl if I wanted.  I'm not required to always use 25"? You can use any size down to 2 inches

3)  Say I have 24" vinyl in the machine and cut an image in the right corner that is 10 x 10 and a few days later want to cut another image that is 10 x 10, can I use the left corner?  Or do I have to make a clean cut across the vinyl and waste the part that is not used? NO waste..yes you can set the origin (starting point of the cut) to anywhere you want.

4) Can I break my graphics into colored sections with the MH cutter?  I saw youtube videos on how to do mulitple colors and there were using registration marks to line up the different colors on their cover paper.  I'm assuming I would be able to do the same with the MH units? That is a software thing,nothing to do with the cutter

5)  What are the "refine" machines? refine is just a brand name used by US Cutter.The cutter is basically a generic chinese made machine. It will do what you want.

I welcome any general advice or insight also.  Kind of excited about getting into this, but don't want to just into it without the proper information and have a big 'ol paper weight. ;).  It's happened with other hobbies....

Thanks

Chris

Thanks for the reply.  Now I just have to start watching the ebay auctions and see how cheap I can get an MH-721 for... :thumbsup:

Thanks

Chris