Sign in to follow this  
Sublime

Help with vehicle side stripes

Im trying to make side stripes similar to the ones in this picture. I just want to change a few things and remove the Nissan lettering. I have Flexi Pro, Sign Cut and Sign Blazer plus Inkscape. I also Have a S14 240SX Template in .ai format that will make sizing the stripes easy, i just dont know what the heck im doing. Anyone can offer any assistance?

post-8838-12986555424964_thumb.jpg

post-8838-12986555440602_thumb.jpg

The first thing I do with the template is ungroup and delete all but the side view I will use for layout.

Then keep proportional and size it up to full scale - if the template says the vehicle is 110" from bumper to bumper I size it to 110" and design my graphic full size.  This stripe looks like it is basically a long thin triangle with curves for sides.  You can easily make something by locating the tip and the two corners at the back of the design and then curving the sides to approximate the design.  In Signblazer you can make rectangles vertically where you want the spaces along the graphic.  When you have them where you want the spaces to be select them all along with the graphic  and punch the rectangular overlaps out of the graphic - then delete the rectangles and group the chopped up graphic and mirror for the other side and go to cutting.

Hope that makes sense to you --

-Mike