Sign in to follow this  
js037

exactly how

Exactly how does vectorizing work? I tried to vectorize a dirtbike and when I do everything turns out nothing like the image.  I wanna learn to vectorize because I can not afford to buy the clipart cds.

Inkscape has done a real good job vectorizing for me.  If that fails to give me satisfactory results, I try the trace in CorelDraw and run through the various options it offers.  Some people on here have had good luck with the vectormagic website.  Sometimes I have to open the image in Photoshop and adjust the contrast and brightness to get a good trace...another tip is to try the unsharp filter to get a little extra definition in your lines.  (I think most semi-powerful photo editing programs have this feature/effect). Image quality is the key, it all comes down to making your image clean and defined enough to get a good trace by whatever means you have available.  Sometimes spending a little quality time with the eraser tool or pen tool on an image will help you get a good trace.  It takes lots of practice and you will still have some images that won't trace as good as you would like.  Sometimes you can only use part of a trace and have to redraw or type in the missing pieces. It is definately more of an art than science.  Keep working and practicing and you will find a system that usually works for you.  Nothing will always work on every image, there is no magic bullet  but you should eventually find a proceedure that will work for you on most images.

i have noticed that when I get my picture vectorized using the website and when i put it into my program it wants to cut out the line around it like its is part of the image.  Its not in the cutter settings like some one told me to turn off the weed all option or something. It would be fine. but I added words and the line cuts through the words. Any ideas?