c.broyles

My first race car.

Here's my first big job. This is a buddy of mine race car he gave me a pic of his old car and wanted me to do the old designs. so i tried it. after alot of screw up's i finilly finished it.

fairlane003-2.jpg

fairlane004.jpg

Nice job!  :thumbsup:

I remember putting the graphics on a race car for the first time, I messed up one of the BIG #2's and had to recut it. Trying to put vinyl on with a bunch of people watching can be distracting too :thumbsup: Got it done though and it turned out very nice. The car owner was very proud of it.

A~

Thanks, i probley redone it 10 times wasted a lot of vinyl trying to get it right. hopefully next time it want be so bad. i was ready to throw everything out the window.lol

atkins71fan, my biggest problem was my inexperence and a messed computer, i only been doing vinyl for about three months. it took me alittle while to get used to drawing in signblazer. i would finilly get the design done and get it cut and when i get ready to put it on the car the vinyl creased by the wind or something.Im used to doing small stuff(window decals)

It is always easiest to do a race car in a shop. I've done track installs and you have people watching, wind blowing, EVERY possible distraction, and with the heat/humidity (like here in VA) stretching and bubbles are expected. Another thing is the vinyl doesn't adhere as well to plastic fenders, quarterpanels, and bumpers so a solution like RapidTAC works great!

The car looks good!

Yea when i done the car it was 96 deg outside, it stretched and had bubbles all in it. i was wishing i used rapid tac, next time i will. and plus i will bring it indoors,

thanks,chris