Sign in to follow this  
ceb5

MH 721 will not communicate

I've got a refine MH-721 that I was using on my old computer running XP, the original artcut software and using the printer port, had no problems with it. I have now changed it to a newer computer that runs win 7 32 bit. I'am using flexisign 8.1. Have tried a serial cable and a parallel cable, tried the US Cutter/MH-721 driver and also the Roland/ PNC-1000 driver. My plotter never makes a move, any ideas would be appreciated.

I downloaded and installed driver, then in setup in production manager I used USCUTTER and picked MH-721. When I hit send it just sits idle but production manager is saying cutting...0%

I have tried this using the parallel cble and serial cable. I have rebooted the computer everytime I make a change.

if you have no problems on Xp, I would put it back to XP,  I run my cutters on XP.  And actually purchase, back up xp laptops.  This is on a dedicated computer, for cutting only. They are more stable.  Flexi 8.1 Is not even Vista compatible. , which could be your problem. Did not become Vista compatible until version 8.5 and your trying to run it on even a  newer system then  Vista.  

Thanks for the advice, thats what I did last night. I put it on a older computer I had that runs windows xp and it works with no problem. I'am using the parallel acble and the Roland/PNC-1000 driver. I plan to do like you said and just leave it on this comp. and only use it for the plotter. I've got a friend who has Flexisign 8.6 but he also runs XP.

great glad you got it.  You can still pick up very reliable and inexpensive XP laptops all the time on EBAY. for backups.  You can even find them still loaded with software worth  more than the computer.   I have an extra XP laptop that I purchased at the end of 2009,  all set up with my software and ready to go.  Also don't forget to back up your files about 3 times off your computer,  external hardrive, flash drive, another computer etc.  but don't wait for a crash and then boo hoo about  it.  protect your files.  Many people don't ,  

Also don't forget to back up your files about 3 times off your computer,  external hardrive, flash drive, another computer etc.  but don't wait for a crash and then booh hoo about  it.  protect your files.  Many people don't , 

Go with Carbonite.  I did after my last crash where the internal HD,the USB external failed and I found my 2 week old backup disks damaged...all at the same time.  Don't think everything won't fail at the same time.