Sign in to follow this  
Guest jnbcea

Sports Decals at fairs/events

Guest jnbcea

For those of you who sell decals at fairs and sporting events, how do you display all the decals you offer. Do you have a booklet of pictures to show the different options? I've seen some have a huge banner hanging along side the booth, and on that they have all the decals they can make.  I have been going to the ball fields since April and I only offer 2 different decals.  At first I thought this would be a good idea so that there wasn't allot of choices so that I could mass produce the final order (I don't make on site, I take orders then deliver the next week).  But now I'm thinking I'm going about this wrong, and it might be better to offer a larger selection to get more orders.  Last night I only sold 9 from being there all day  :thumbsup: What about making on site.  I'm worried about my MH721 cutter getting dust in it, or ruined from being there. And also wasting materials. If I mass produce, I can fit a whole lot more in one space, then cutting one at a time.

Thanks,

Natasha

Banner would probably be easiest to transport. Coro would be my choice if I didn't have that many to sell though.

Back when we were doing that, we used corroplast display boards.  At $7 per 4x8 sheet its a cheap option, looks good and will hold up.  We also used an MH712.  It went to probably more than 100 events indoors and outdoors.  It was dropped, rained on and banged around during transport more than once and it never gave up. 

We started out with a small selection on the display board but had images of everything we could do in a book.  It wasn't until we put everything up on display boards that business took off.  People at shows are impulse buyers.  If they see something that strikes them while walking by, they stop, otherwise they just keep walking.  The more you have displayed the better your chances that they will stop. 

You also need to read the crowd.  When the economy started to tank a couple years ago we noticed that people at shows didn't seem as happy.  They just seemed to be wandering aimlessly, hands in pockets,  reluctant to even make eye contact with a vendor, whereas before, when they had money to spend, they would stop to see what you had.  They still have money, but now you have to sell it.  If the crowd looks depressed, you might have to get out there amongst them and do some hard selling.

For those of you who sell decals at fairs and sporting events, how do you display all the decals you offer. Do you have a booklet of pictures to show the different options? I've seen some have a huge banner hanging along side the booth, and on that they have all the decals they can make.  I have been going to the ball fields since April and I only offer 2 different decals.  At first I thought this would be a good idea so that there wasn't allot of choices so that I could mass produce the final order (I don't make on site, I take orders then deliver the next week).  But now I'm thinking I'm going about this wrong, and it might be better to offer a larger selection to get more orders.  Last night I only sold 9 from being there all day  :thumbsup: What about making on site.  I'm worried about my MH721 cutter getting dust in it, or ruined from being there. And also wasting materials. If I mass produce, I can fit a whole lot more in one space, then cutting one at a time.

Thanks,

Natasha

Natasha,

I've been considering the same at fleas and bazaars around town. Do you need to be licensed where you are? With the BP/US Gov disaster down here along the coast, I'm working on a decal for this mess that effects us all.

How do you package your RTA's?