Sign in to follow this  
CRD

Anyone using Brother Inkjet to print on JPSS or G3?

I have A3 machine from Brother MFC6490.

It use DYE ink for the COLORS and Pigment for the BLACK.

Anyone tried and do you need to change the driver setting for the yellow color as some advice on the workforce 1100?

Thanks, Paco

Guest sciondrgn

I haven't tried with that printer but typically with the dye based inks your going to run into a fading problem after being washed.

As long as your printer is tuned correctly you shouldn't really need to adjust the ink colors to much. When I print I use a custom profile built for that printer to set the ink levels properly for the paper Im printing on. Other wise I would turn off all color management / ICM in the printer settings for the best results on t-shirts. In the end though you just have to try it to see what kind of results you get. every printer is going to be different  :thumbsup:

Guest sciondrgn

Thanks Claw,

http://cgi.ebay.nl/Brother-CISS-Refill-Ink-4-x-100ml-Comp-Pigment-Ink-/120555470458?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CamerasPhoto_Printing_PrinterInkCatridges_JN&hash=item1c11aa7e7a

This ebay adress sell pigment ink they say formulated for Brother inkjets,

Do not know if this will kill the head in the end.

Paco

I wouldnt think it would bother the head as long as you keep them clean and dont let them sit.. Pigment ink has a bad habit of clogging up the heads so I would recommend running a small print through every couple of weeks to keep things flowing.

I ordered the ink to test.

Let you all know if it keeps working.

Machine is used weekly bases so no glogging due to no ink flow.

I only fear the ink can hurt the piezo nozzle plates inside the head.

Ink and ink can be very different as there is no regulation what ink SHOULD contain.

Bases and accids in any quantity can cause unseen damage inside.

Paco