Sign in to follow this  
Junkman

Grrrr Inkscape to SBE Im going nuts

Spent several hours drawing up this decal in Inkscape but when I try and import into SBE only parts of the drawing show up and are distorted.  Any help would save my sanity

66.eps

66.eps

Not at home to view it so I could be way off.

I'd your document properties set to the complete image?

Well by opening the image in Corel photoshop and adding a vector layer then merging all the levels I was able to get it to open in SBE but when I went to vectorize it screwed the image all up.  Im at my wits end isnt there and easier way to do this after spending all the time makeing the drawing perfedct in unkscape then only to have it be uncutable when importing it into SBE  :thumbsup:

Open it in inkscape

Then file

Document properties

And the rest not sure not at home - I think its sheet size

And I think its use current or selected default

What ever it is the image has to be inside the sheet project area the square of the document

Then re save it as an eps

Hope that helps I will not be home till the am

Ok after reading a tutorial I was able to get it to work in SBE.  The only problem I have now is that when I cut it it cuts double lines around the entire image and all details.  When I look at it in node edit mode it appears to be "double walled"  is there a way to fix this so it only cuts the outlines?  Thanks in advance

Joe

you have to manually remove all extra lines

-- ungroup everything

then click on node edit pointer

then grab a line pull it to the side then del it

or if its one color black and white enlarge the image 3xs the normal size export it as an png then bring it back into inkscape and revector it and resize it

yeah, you really have to split objects, then take it all apart and erase the extras.. it ridiculous i know.. usually once you split objects, you will see some gray, and some black, delete all the gray.

Thanks so much I followed you steps and got a printable image and made a decal.  Now for the new issue.  I want to use the same image to send to have t shirts made I sent the tshirt maker my SBD file my SGV file and an EPS file and he said he couldnt use them , they needed to be in vector format CS2 or lower.  What do I need to convert the file to vector format so he can use. I dont havce CS?  Thanks  I attached the SB file

AH6ishirt.SBD

AH6ishirt.SBD

to be easy try a pdf file - its a vector and most programs can use a pdf

Thats a good Idea thanks.  The SBD file is already a vector correct?  now I need to find someone to convert it to pdf.