Sign in to follow this  
BryanHedstrom

Advice please!

I could use a little design advice or criticism on a banner I'm making. Its a surprise for a 16 year old who has been plagued with health problems since birth and has had many surgeries including a double lung transplant.  Despite all that, he has started his own business with little money and lots of hard work. He has managed to rent an old greenhouse on five acres and has planted vegetables to sell. He started them all from seeds this past winter and his plants look fantastic! He is going to do well at this once the crops really start ripening.  He is scrounging for anything he can find or borrow for his business since he doesn't have much money so I thought I could help him out with a Banner for his greenhouse. He doesn't have any kind of sign on the property and the greenhouse is clearly visible from the street.

I have a 3'x8' white banner, some vinyl and his business card. I have redrawn the artwork from his business card and need to come up with a final layout in the next couple of days so I can get this thing cut!  Below is a .jpg of his business card with all his info and a .jpg of where I'm at with the banner. I don't know if I should rearrange the text, add the address and phone number or his name.  I could use some layout criticism or suggestions.

Thanks in advance, Bryan

Business card

LukePaineBusinesscard.jpg

Banner Layout

LukePaineBanner_small.jpg

i think it turned out just fine

show it to him - and if he is happy then everyone is happy

you just might have to think about changing the font a little - may be a little hard to see if driving by

now that i am thinking of it make all the fonts bigger - i have learned if it looks good on the screen its too small

my 2 cents

I agree make the fonts bigger and I think including the phone number would be good. The address is probably not needed since it will be going on the property.

Thanks for the advice! I will play around with it some more today. Early this morning I showed it to some other people to get their opinions and made a few changes already. I made everything a little larger for better visibility. I haven't added the phone number yet, I haven't decided if I will. I may cut him some vinyl for his door with business hours and maybe make a sign with the address to put out at the street.

Here is what I have now:

LukePaineBanner2copy.jpg

Guest fivestar

I'd make the Farm Fresh Produce and Open Daily bigger, that's the 2 things he wants to promote.  I take it this is going to hang in front of his business.

Ok, I realized today that I bought a 3x10 banner so I have a little more room to enlarge some things Here is what I have now. I enlarged the open daily text and the farm fresh produce and made the tomato part of the logo 23" tall so I can cut it in one piece.

BTW Luke got the nickname of "Insane Paine" from racing go-karts. Kinda funny seeing a kid like him kick butt on the track, racing while on oxygen. He did this even though he was half the size of everyone else and he couldn't walk around on his own much cause he would get out of breath. He has come a long way in the last few years since then.

LukePaineBanner3.jpg

I just noticed that the "e" is missing on greenhouse. Its weird but it is there in the .eps file. Other than that what do you guys think of it now? Should I leave the "open daily" and "farm fresh produce" where they are or switch them like I had before?