Sign in to follow this  
Toolman

VE QE 60 plus

I am considering buying a Vinyl Express Qe 60+ Any one have this plotter or know anything about them?

I know they are made by Graphtec, SW has made me a pretty good deal if I want one. Just wonderring about them, If anyone has any experience with this plotter.

Thanks in advance

it will be a good solid plotter - the graphtecs are great machines - I was looking at a similar model before I got the graphtec as they the resale isn't as good as the graphtec but the same machine

Thanks Dakota, I think I will get it. We are going on vacation tomorrow gotta wait till we get back. (Check the funding :thumbsup:).SW offers a 100% trade up within 12 months towards a better machine. But once I get it most likely keep it unitl it is worn out. It is suppose to be the same exact machine as a graphtec CE-5000. I have copared them side by side on the net look identical exept for the name badge. specs are the same.. I had looked at the COPAM but i think I will go with the vinyl Express it has servo motors that's a real plus. I have refine mh721 now it does a good job. I added  4megs ram and started using clean cut blades they make a big difference, But just want something better..

Thanks again

Thanks Dakota, I think I will get it. We are going on vacation tomorrow gotta wait till we get back. (Check the funding :thumbsup:).SW offers a 100% trade up within 12 months towards a better machine. But once I get it most likely keep it unitl it is worn out. It is suppose to be the same exact machine as a graphtec CE-5000. I have copared them side by side on the net look identical exept for the name badge. specs are the same.. I had looked at the COPAM but i think I will go with the vinyl Express it has servo motors that's a real plus. I have refine mh721 now it does a good job. I added  4megs ram and started using clean cut blades they make a big difference, But just want something better..

Thanks again

and you can get VE lxi software from them and it is rebraned flexi at a great discount - comes in many levels and can be upgraded!

I'm looking for a better cutter myself, and I've seen several of those you're talking about, but never payed attention to them.

You got me thinking, but most importantly, I had no idea those came with servo motors.  ;)

I assume I can run Flexi on those with no problem, right ?

EDIT: Could you explain how to upgrade the memory on the MH series? I have a 871 that I plan on keeping as a back up.

Yes Flexi 8.1 or higher on the QE60

No biggie on the memory upgrade take cutter off of stand turn upside down remove bottom cover plate. Remove MB carfeully remove memory chip be sure to take note of small dot on one end. This denotes the number 1 pin of chip. Carefully pry out old chip install new 4 meg chip reverse order of every ting else.

You now have  4 megs of memory.Made a big  difference in my  721 on larger cuts.

hope this helps

Hello from SUNNY& HOTTT  Myrtle Beach SC. Down on vacation

Get the memory upgrade you will really notice the difference..

I will be back home Wednesday night I think I  am going to order the  QE60+ then.I talked to a sales person ath the showroom in Lexington last week she made me a good deal for just the cutter. I will call her back and order it next day delivery from Lexington to Harlan.  Should have it Friday  and be able to play over the weekend......  ;)B).Will have to  get me a  25pin to 9 pin serial adapter...

Or run on USB

Well I ordered the QE60 Tuesday while on vacation.

It is scheduled to arrrive tomorrow,guess I'l be palying all weekend with my new toy.

Thanks for all the input  :thumbsup:

Got my QE 60+ yesterday . I can't believe how QUIET it is .. I think i am really going to like this machine.