Sign in to follow this  
nhoffme

Flip Flop car tag blanks

I saw the cutest car tag the other day.  It was what looked like a routed flip flop with vinyl cutouts decorating it.  I immediately went online looking for what looked like a pvc cutout.  I am unable to find anything at all.  I am hoping one of you vinyl guru's might know where I could put my hands on some of these gems.  Any help is greatly appreciated....as always.

The Hag :thumbsup:

not sure on the pvc but the new thing in sublimation is flip flops

I don't know if they were pvc...but that's what it looked like.  The polka dots were sublimation, but the monogram was a vinyl decal.  The substrate itself looked about 1/4 to 1/2 inch.  Any ideas?  The car it was on was park in front of my shop.  When I went back out with a camera, it was gone..oh well.

Im guessing acrylic. It is hot here in Fl. Its cut with a laser cutter.

Most use mirror acrylic.

Maybe they are acrylic.  At least that what it sounds like.  So, they are hot in FLA?  Any idea where they come from?

Oh, I meant the "3d" acrylic tags are hot here. Those are custom cut. It works this way:

There are some guys with laser cutters, you go there and you can buy the designs they have (most of them famous logos) or you can get custom stuff, just like we do decals, but they do acrylic.

So I don't think they sell flip flops just like that, I guess you gave to request them and get an order or something.

I'm sleepy, I don't know how clear I am by now.

i have to jump in here. if you need something cut with a Laser i have a guy that does this for me. he will custom cut anything besides lexan and wood. just let me know.

ooooo...jfought...thanks.  I would love to know your contact, I don't know anyone in the Upstate of SC that does laser cutting.  I really appreciate all of your input.  I think those things are sooo cute, and they would love them here in SC. 

Dakota...The sublimation flippies are so cute too.  I think you might be on to something ;)

ooooo...jfought...thanks.  I would love to know your contact, I don't know anyone in the Upstate of SC that does laser cutting.   I really appreciate all of your input.  I think those things are sooo cute, and they would love them here in SC. 

can you get me a pic of what you are talking about.

This looks similar.  The only difference is that this image seems to be metal.  The one I saw was acrylic or a pvc material. 

post-4467-12986554461717_thumb.jpg

post-4467-12986554470235_thumb.jpg