Sign in to follow this  
Z

Bubbles ... still?

Been having trouble with bubbles on a particular job that I am working on and hopefully someone here can tell me what you do (or have done) to alleviate the problem of getting bubbles even when doing a wet application. I am doing several vans for a local company and I don't know why I getting so many bubbles. I can tell that the vinyl goes down with NO bubbles under it BEFORE I remove the app tape, but when I remove the app tape ... YUCK!!! Bubbles seem appear from nowhere. Anyone have any thoughts you'd like to share as to how to prevent this from happening? Thanks.

Z

dont be impatient to pull your app. tape it will create bubbles if you pull it to quick good luck jhelms

The vinyl isnt sticking completely and as you pull your app tape off it lifts the vinyl enough to suck in some air. This can be caused by numerous things, dirty surface (oil, dust, grime), app tape too high tac for vinyl. If application is done wet then moisture could still be present under the vinyl or the liquid could be causing the adhesive to degrade and not be tacky enough.

when pulling you app tape off make sure you are pulling directly back over the app tape to be pulled - don't pull outward when removing it- along with everything else said above

Thanks to everyone who posted. I also called Fellers and spoke to one of their tech people. It seems that I may be experiencing a combination of problems, some of which were mentioned above. I'll be doing another set for another van this weekend. I will pay close attention to see what I may be doing wrong. I didn't have this problem on the first two vans, just on the third one. I had only a few minor bubbles on the first two, but this last one was really aggravating. The owner isn't concerned about the bubbles, but I am. Anyway, I appreciate everyone who responded and I will post back here when I complete the next one. Thanks again.

Z