Sign in to follow this  
stormy

WINDOWS 7 AND MH721 USB WONT WORK!!

Had this cutter for years. Works fine on my Vista. Trying to switch it to my Windows 7 laptop as my vista desk isnt being too reliable lately.

When I plug it in it says USB not recognized. Tried everything. Can't find driver. Driver installed correctly. blah blah blah.

Ben took control of my computer and tried his magic for about 30 minutes and still no luck!

Any suggestions?

Yep. I just don't understand why it won't recognize it

wow - I found 7 to be more compatible with stuff vista would work with .. ..?

Yeah, Windows 7 has been absolutely great until I ran into this problem.

The whole reason I tried to hook it up to my laptop is because my Vista desktop wasn't being to reliable. The computer would just raandomly shut off and what not. So I went to craigslist and got a dell with XP and a serial port...which is working pretty good for me now but it would still be nice to be able to cut from my laptop....

I am having the same problem with my desk top computer, just picked up cutter yesterday and cannot recodnize the cutter through the USB, very frustrating... If you get an answer id love to hear it.. :-

i researched the usb problems and bought a usb to serial cable. i hooked the cable up and windows 7 found the correct driver via the internet,installed and ready for use. i connected the cutter (mh871) and did the cut setup window and set it to usb and works perfectly.

Feel free to call into Support if you have additional issues - we have new extended hours, 6:00AM PST to 5:00PM PST - 9:00AM EST to 8:00PM EST

1-888-298-8143

The USB to Serial conversion cable can be a serious lifesaver - expect to soon see a low priced high quality option for sale on our website.