Sign in to follow this  
signman911

someone start this or trace it

PowerTrace doesn't result in anything usable. Take longer to clean up than redraw.

compare it . . . on yours love the whited out sparky name on the helmet!

newsparky.gif

And this guy is just a clown in a yellow suit

Ronald%20McDonald.jpg

it is a recognizable copyrighted image!

I've still gotta disagree even without the M it is recognizable as the logo of a company

Why did you remove your Dalmatian in a fire suit";)

I remove it because some people don't let stuff go , I have seen alot of traces on here od copyrighted logo

I'm sure that some copyrighted material makes it through on occasion.  It's difficult sometimes to determine if a local company's artwork has been posted without permission.  And, occasionally I've seen an image posted for instructional purposes.  I'm certain it happens.

But, that doesn't mean it's OK to do it.  Quote from all of our mothers, "If your friends jump off a bridge, are you going to jump too"?

Mostly my pointing out the copyright is to remind you if you forgot, or to help you.  Sparky is a widely recognized artwork, and you chose to post it on a PUBLIC forum.  Use it if you want.  That mistake is your choice.

If your local fire dept. is using it for legitimate reasons, then they will have permission to use it.  If they don't have permission, use something else.  You know - be creative.  If they don't understand that, let them take the risk themselves.  Not every request from a customer must be completed.  We must use discretion.

Sorry if I offended you by trying to help.  But, regardless of how you feel, I will continue to help when I can.

I'm sure that some copyrighted material makes it through on occasion.  It's difficult sometimes to determine if a local company's artwork has been posted without permission.  And, occasionally I've seen an image posted for instructional purposes.  I'm certain it happens.

But, that doesn't mean it's OK to do it.  Quote from all of our mothers, "If your friends jump off a bridge, are you going to jump too"?

Mostly my pointing out the copyright is to remind you if you forgot, or to help you.  Sparky is a widely recognized artwork, and you chose to post it on a PUBLIC forum.  Use it if you want.  That mistake is your choice.

If your local fire dept. is using it for legitimate reasons, then they will have permission to use it.  If they don't have permission, use something else.  You know - be creative.  If they don't understand that, let them take the risk themselves.  Not every request from a customer must be completed.  We must use discretion.

Sorry if I offended you by trying to help.  But, regardless of how you feel, I will continue to help when I can.

wow sorry i got  a kick out of that -- no we don't do copyrighted logos here but do we have a mother on the forums now. i mean com'on you didn't bother asking what it was for. (o ya cant make it for yourself either)

go to just about any page in this forum and you will find people asking for copyrighted logos or fonts  even if there is a sticky in a forum "Do not post copyrighted material" people still do

you will be very busy trying to point out ever copyrite infringement that is on this forum site.

I'm not saing that everyone here does it or has done it but it is a lot of people do. could be anything anything from logo to fonts. now i didn't take my time to go back in history and look your past and i don't plan to

all i am saying give the guy a break who cares - if he is selling it and gets busted its his fault if he wants it for his kids room then good for him. Sparky is a  better roll model that would could be on a kids wall.

Just wanted it for a volunteer Fire dept in a small town of 700 people for their fire truck

already had Sparky on the old truck , just got enough money to get a newer truck

mostly used for parades    thanks anyway