Sign in to follow this  
jfought

printing banners

:thumbsup: >:(HEAD STRIKES SUCK ;D ;D

3/4 through a 3'x9' banner and the role is messed up found out the hard way. i guess i just have to stomp my foot and restart.

Been there.  Only time I've run into that was with a 4 foot wide banner.  Had the vacuum up too high and wasn't letting the banner slide off the printer.

A few weeks ago i was about 20ft. into a 4x30ft banner that was solid red background and wht/blk letters and i got a head strike...I was ready to destoy anything within reach.... there goes the profit for that job... so much ink/banner/time wasted....

Good luck and happy printing :thumbsup:

Yeah I seem to get that once in a while when cuttin  an 8 or 10 ft piece  and  things tend to go flying in the shop

A few weeks ago i was about 20ft. into a 4x30ft banner that was solid red background and wht/blk letters and i got a head strike...I was ready to destoy anything within reach.... there goes the profit for that job... so much ink/banner/time wasted....

Good luck and happy printing :thumbsup:

that sucks!!!!

and i thought mine was bad.

Yeah I seem to get that once in a while when cuttin  an 8 or 10 ft piece  and  things tend to go flying in the shop

crazy how small things can make other things fly or just become broken. :thumbsup:

Guest sciondrgn

Whats a head strike? 

Guest fivestar

I feel ya Jason.  I just printed a 4'x6' banner and set my damn Flexi to only 60" long so there was a .20 inch gap between letters.  Thanks to ole Neron I was able to print vinyl and "patch" it.  Can't even notice it unless you look for it.  It was for a friend for his son's graduation so I am still using it.

He got a hellva discount anyways  ;D ;D ;D He's spent enough $$$$$ with me that I actually made it for free.