Sign in to follow this  
Flanuva

Opinions on best cutters for starting

Hey guys and gals !

I was just wondering what your opinions are for a cutter. I will be the designer and designated cutter (once it is purchased)for our website.

The cutter will be used for cutting vinyl decals for windows and small stickers ect...and then eventually heat transfers for T-Shirts and whatever else might come up. Can you recommend something that isnt too expensive but will accomplish what we need to do? I was looking at the MH871 or even a 24" Lasercut.

I will be running AI CS4 and Corel X5 suites and have an HP Photosmart 1115.

Any help would be appreciated :thumbsup:

if you can swing it Graphtec CE5000-60 all the way. on the hp you will want a printer with pigmant ink and not dye so look at the epson workforce 1100 and for a ciss system already installed look at cobra inks system

I should have mentioned, I wanted to keep it at or under $600. After things take off, then we might be able to get something bigger and better so to speak, but for now something that will do a good job and get us by.

Walt

i have a mh721 its nothing fancy but it cuts well and is very inexpensive i use it for vinyl decals and cutting heat press vinyl works great but i guess if i were to do it again i would invest in a model with contour cutting...