Sign in to follow this  
Dbannon

30 foot enclosed trailer

I was told that a friend was quoted $30,000 to wrap a 30' enclosed trailer. Does this quote sound right? I don't know what wraps run, especially that big.

I've been looking for the opportunity to get the equipment to get into doing wraps. Would it be a smart ideal to offer the job for the cost of ALL the equipment, ink, vinyl? I wouldn't make much on that job, but I'd open a huge door by offering wraps and printed media. I'd appreciate any advice.

I was told that a friend was quoted $30,000 to wrap a 30' enclosed trailer. Does this quote sound right? I don't know what wraps run, especially that big.

I've been looking for the opportunity to get the equipment to get into doing wraps. Would it be a smart ideal to offer the job for the cost of ALL the equipment, ink, vinyl? I wouldn't make much on that job, but I'd open a huge door by offering wraps and printed media. I'd appreciate any advice.

Sounds way too high to me.

my step dad was quoted 6000.00 for a full wrap on a 53' semi trailer.

Guest fivestar

I think there may be 1 too many 0's in there.

Guest YHC

I want to say that I seen in SignCrafts price guide that the going rate was around 2.50 to 4.00 a sqft. Plus design and labor cost.

Guest fivestar

I want to say that I seen in SignCrafts price guide that the going rate was around 2.50 to 4.00 a sqft. Plus design and labor cost.

That wouldn't be for car wrap.  That stuff is outragous in price, but not $30,000 outragous.

just a 54"x 150' package from feller their brand is 750. thats just the vinyl and lam. now add in the ink and design time.

for 30,000 they better be wrapping that in gold

my step dad was quoted 6000.00 for a full wrap on a 53' semi trailer.

30k may be way too high, but 6 for a semi trailer is wayyyy too low.  I have heard between 20 and 30k for semis, depending on design.

Guest fivestar

Actually $6K is what I was told was the going price.  I don't know nor do I ever plan on doing one anytime soon if ever at all.  But that's what I was told was the going price.  Well actuall it was 5K to 10K depending on different factors.

Guest kenya

I think there may be 1 too many 0's in there.

That's just what I was thinking.

$30,000.... no way.  ;D

1500-2000 is a pretty standard price for a full vehicle wrap.  No way you are going to make decent money @ 6k for a 53' trailer. 

I've recently seen 53' trailers going for anywhere between $12,000-$24,000 depending on complexity. I would say $6500-$8000 for a 30' trailer would be in the ballpark

In '06 I went to Atlantic City for the sign convention. Frank Fellers gave a demonstration saying in high concentrated areas (like Vegas) a wrap printed and installed goes for $8 sq/ft. Over here in central VA he said it could go for as much as $13 sq/ft....

When I had my shop I did a lot of wraps and would charge $14 sq foot installed.  Unlike my competitors I would take off accesories like door hinges, lights, etc that I could so I could put the vinyl behind the items as opposed to cutting around the items.  People that charged less usually provided less quality work and took shortcuts. 

Jim