Sign in to follow this  
tshirtn00b

Pressing hats

Anyone ever pressed a hat with a regular heat press? (as opposed to a heat press designed for pressing hats).

How'd they turn out?  Any preliminary actions needed?  I know it sounds cheap but I don't have the money for a hat press and I've got a customer who needs a small run of hats to go along w/their softball t-shirts.

Thanks!

Guest fivestar

You can't do it.  You'll either ruin the hat or the transfer won't stick properly.

What do you need done on the hats (and how many)... I've got a few hat presses running, maybe I can help??

Latitude 42

I know this is an old thread but better late than never  ....

I have pressed 9 caps with normal Tshirt  heat press... I wouldn't recommend doing it on a full time basis, however I needed it done and didn't have any other solution.

It should have been 10 but the first one I tried doing it with an iron and it messed up.

What I did was put a piece of wood the size of the logo that I wanted on the inside of the cap and then with the Tshirt press open I pressed the cap by hand, holding the cap around the piece of wood.

It turned out fine, but I am now going to buy a cap press ..... :thumbsup:

Good for you I Am Space. Great Inginuity.

We call that a Jig.

I think you should have someone Embroider the hats instead of a transfer or screen printing. They look a lot better to me anyways.