Sign in to follow this  
JoeCamaro

Heat press vinyl + Heat dryer?

Ok, I have been doing shirts for a long time now.

In Puerto Rico, heat dryers are not a must-have item as it is mostly sunny. I need to know if it is safe to heat-dry a heat pressed shirt? Will it hold on fine?

I heat-dried a heat pressed shirt and a part of the vinyl lifted up. Is this normal, or could it be that the shirt wasn't pressed properly?

I haven't ever had any lift up unless it was regular heat apply that was put on nylon. I always repress my designs for an additional 5-6 seconds after lifting the cover. My only problem I've ever had with vinyl on t's was with enduratex wrinkling on the shirt. Easy weed and ecofilm I've had no problems with. Perhaps give it another hit with the heat press after the initial press with good pressure.

Guest sciondrgn

No problems from Easy weed or Eco Film here.. Just press and go. Even running in the dryer full heat I have not had any problems with vinyl lifting

The only time I've had minor problems (vinyl wrinkling) is when the shirt isn't pre-shrunk and it was thrown in the dryer. Other than that, no issues with Siser EasyWeed

we dry ours all the time - did you bring the same heat press with ya Joe??

Thank you all for your replies. It's good to know it will stand the heat dryer. Maybe I didn't apply enought heat/pressure to that particular shirt.

I didn't bring my heat press. It is still in PR along with my car and other things. As I don't know how long or if I'm definitively staying I left those untouched back home.

I'm considering getting anothet heat press soon though.

:thumbsup: