Rufus Xs

Problem cutting vectorized & imported .bmp as .eps

Hi, I've attached 3 files to this post:

1) The original image that I wanted to cut (not that the attachment is a .jpg, because this message board doesn't allow posting of .bmp's - the original file that I converted was a .bmp)

2) The Vectorized version of same

3) What my SB screen looks like when I go to the "Cut" function

Yesterday I successfully downloaded a graphic, converted it to a vector graphic (encapsulated postscript), imported it in to SB (using the "Use Full PostScript Interpreter" choice), and cut it.  Today, I did the same thing but with a different image.  In SB, I see the image no problem.  I performed the same steps today, including grouping all of the image's pieces in to one object.  I also made a copy of it, so that I would have two images (same exact process as yesterday's successful attempt).  Then, when I go to "Cutter" I see an image that looks nothing like the original image (See attachment).  I saw the same thing yesterday, but it cut fine, so today I ignored it; however, instead of cutting OK, all it did was cut what's shown on the Cutter screen  I saw another post that suggested unchecking all of the "Save Space" boxes, but they weren't checked on mine in the first place!

Someone, please help!

Thanks in advance.

post-1749-12986514112463_thumb.jpg

cbs_caduceus.eps

post-1749-1298651411337_thumb.jpg

post-1749-12986514130504_thumb.jpg

cbs_caduceus.eps

post-1749-12986514130545_thumb.jpg

That same issue used to make me completely mental too.

If you look at the top left of the screen you'll see there are two arrows, one that's highlighted, and the other with a red slash mark going thru it. What is on your screen is only the punch out of the graphic, and not the whole graphic itself. If you highlight the other arrow you will most likely see the correct graphic you want to cut. It took me a while to figure it out.

Anyway, to remedy that situation these are the steps that I take - there is probably a better or faster way, but I don't know it.

1) highlight your graphic, goto ARRANGE > WELD > PUNCH (NOT TOTAL).

2) deselect everything (click anywhere blank in the workspace.

3) single (left click) on the center triangle (the punched hole).

4) delete it.

Your graphic shouldn't have changed in appearance. If you then go to the cut mode screen, you should only have one arrow and it should be highlighted. You should be ready to cut!

Hope this helps. Good luck!

Wow, Haumana, that worked great!  Thank you!  I followed your instructions and the only problem was that my graphic then had the top as a solid shape, rather than having the middle cut out - but then, when I followed all of your steps EXCEPT for deleting the small triangle in the middle, it worked!

I'm not sure why this image gave me so many problems while the one that I did yesterday did not - perhaps because yesterday's image had no big hollow area in the middle?  Anyway, it works, so I'm thankful!

I don't know what the "weld" feature is all about, but based on this experience, I'm going to research it ;D

Again, thank you!