Sign in to follow this  
flamer

Basic contour cutting with Illy

I have the LP24 with signcut, illustrator cs4 and flexisign pro 8.1. I have failed at using flexisign to contour cut, but I have successfully done the examples with signcut. So I guess I will keep trying with this software.

So what i want to do, is print an image onto a heat transfer paper for a dark garment and contour cut it.

Lets say the image is a photo with lots of colours including white inside the body of it. I want to open it as a jpg in illustrator, draw a thin black line around the outside of the image (so my contour cut doesn't have to be perfectly aligned since its a black tshirt). Add in registration marks, send it to my epson printer. Create a cut line that fits the outside edge exactly (not offset). Send that cut line to signcut and send it to the cutter.

Can someone provide a quick tutorial for this? I am pretty well stuck at the point where I try and import the image into signcut but it doesn't show up (probably because its a raster image). and i also don't know how to create the cutline.

You are probably going to get better results posting this in the Signcut forum.  It doesnt sounds like Illustrator is your problem, since that is basically the process to follow in contour cutting in Signblazer, which works for some people.

Exact same process in Roland CutStudio, I know that doesnt help you much but there are quite a few videos on youtube of people doing it.