tinaski

ILLINOIS help if anyone would like

well as most everyone knows we use linux. most things we love about it but the big downfall to it is support with hardware. when we changed over to linux we were about to test out some vinyl cutters thanks to specialty graphics they let use hook up to there cutters and test some things out to make sure it was compatible to our OS.

now were looking to expand to printing and were wondering if anyone in the area would be willing to work with us and let us hook our linux to your printer and do a little testing. we dont want to spend money on a printer to find out it will not work for us and i cant find anyplace that a wide format has been used too often in linux.

were looking at the workforce 1100 but we are not limited to just that model so any wide format help would be great.

were in morris illinois and surrounding areas are ---- Ottawa - Utica - naperville - oswego - aurora - Joliet - Wilmington - Kankakee

thanks in advance

www.ubuntu.com

Free download easy to install and you can run it off the cd and not do an install just to try it out (that runs very slow)

you can run it off the cd and not do an install just to try it out (that runs very slow)

Yeah, slow is right - a much better option for trying it out is with a 'live' usb drive.  I like UNetbootin for making live usb sticks (it does all the work for you).

you can run it off the cd and not do an install just to try it out (that runs very slow)

Yeah, slow is right - a much better option for trying it out is with a 'live' usb drive.  I like UNetbootin for making live usb sticks (it does all the work for you).

well ya USB is a lot faster than dvd - i have nver done it but i believe ubuntu has usb loader also

it does take time for dvd to wind up and pull data off of it