wnt4it

Max Heat Press VS SunIE

I need your advice.  I'm new to heat pressing and ready to buy my press.  If you had an option between Max Heat Press or SunIE which would you choose?

Also, I'm wanting to eventually get the mug press, I'm not anticipating using it that much.  Would the SunIE mug press be a good choice or should I save a few more bucks and buy a better brand.

Thanks for your input. :rolleyes::)

Don't know anything about the Max press but thte sunie is a solid performer.  if you want a might mug press I have one for 200 + shipping that I don't use

Thanks for the info.  Not sure when I'll be getting the mug presser but I'll keep you in mind.

Don't know anything about the Max press but thte sunie is a solid performer.  if you want a might mug press I have one for 200 + shipping that I don't use

+ 1 FOR SUNIE LIKE MINE SO FAR DAKOTA TALKED ME INTO IT ALSO GOOD LUCK jhelms

Guest sciondrgn

I've had my sunie going on for like 2 years now with no problems.  :rolleyes:

Thanks again everyone...  I need to make my decision by tomorrow so I can get it here and practice.  Already having people requesting t-shirts.  I got my 24" CoPam about 2months ago and haven't stopped using it ... It works great for me. 

It sure is nice to have this forum; everyone is so helpful and nice.

Guest fivestar

If you're talking about this MAXX press http://www.specialty-graphics.com/maxx_heat_presses.html then I say it's an excellent press.  I don't own it myself but I own 2 other Stahl presses both are Mighty Press presses and I believe this is the press that replaced them.  You won't be disappointed with this press.

I don't have a Max press but I did recently buy a Sunie and am very happy with it.  I am very happy with it and even happier that I went with a 21x15 you will be glad you went with the bigger one I think.

Hey Dmax, quick question. This may help the whole thread. I am thinking of buying a Sunie. What do you think about the below options since you own a Sunie heat press:

1) 16"D x 24"W Heat Press Digital Screen Printing (Free Shipping) for $399.99 w/ Free Shipping.

2) Digital 16" D X 20" W Clamshell Heat Press (Free Shipping) for $499.99 w/ Free Shipping

I was leaning towards option 1 because of size, price and digital.

ya it is the 16x24 that I have.  I have I would go with the 24".  I went to sunie.com I don't see any difference between the 20" and the 24" eccept size and you get the bigger one cheaper.  I am real glad I bought the 16x24 size.  I see people buying the 15x15 then going and buying a bigger one. As for the 20" maybe it is big enough but I would go with the 24"

Guest sciondrgn

ya it is the 16x24 that I have.  I have I would go with the 24".  I went to sunie.com I don't see any difference between the 20" and the 24" eccept size and you get the bigger one cheaper.  I am real glad I bought the 16x24 size.  I see people buying the 15x15 then going and buying a bigger one. As for the 20" maybe it is big enough but I would go with the 24"

The 16x24 is a rear pressure where the 16x20 is over the center.. Over the center will typically give you better and more accurate pressure adjustments. The rear pressure can tend to be uneven, especially when the arm starts wearing over time, There will end up being higher pressure in the back than the front

ya it is the 16x24 that I have.  I have I would go with the 24".  I went to sunie.com I don't see any difference between the 20" and the 24" eccept size and you get the bigger one cheaper.  I am real glad I bought the 16x24 size.  I see people buying the 15x15 then going and buying a bigger one. As for the 20" maybe it is big enough but I would go with the 24"

The 16x24 is a rear pressure where the 16x20 is over the center.. Over the center will typically give you better and more accurate pressure adjustments. The rear pressure can tend to be uneven, especially when the arm starts wearing over time, There will end up being higher pressure in the back than the front

Agreed - I was disappointed t see them come out with the one without over the center pressure . . . look at all the major presses - they are all over the center

Guest sciondrgn

Yeah I know I dont even know why they did.. I have the 15x15 still but Im going for the 16x20 soon ;D  After this show next week and hoping that it does well I am going to purchase it ;D