Sign in to follow this  
Radioactiveman

20 18x24 one side Corrugated Sign Price

Hello, Im tring to get an idea of what to charge for 20 18x24 corrugated signs with the h stake. All one sided basic like what is seen below. I do the calculations for them and Im not sure where I set in the relms of things.    Granted I have to order the colored plastic and more h stakes but. I come up with around $10 to 11 per sign is ballpark?  Keep in mind I do this in my basement its for the Fire Dept I am on and stuff like that. 

post-3986-12986553309898_thumb.jpg

post-3986-12986553317444_thumb.jpg

Guest YHC

If your only doing them at cost then your prices might be OK, but if your trying to make money then I would be around $25-30 per sign (one sided).

You might find one of the custom screenprinting places will blow your pricing away, even at 20 pieces...Keep that in mind if your customer faints and falls over when you tell him the priceis $30 each... ;D

You could always use whatever colors of vinyl you have on hand to cover the coroplast you have in stock instead of ordering special colors....white blanks are in the 1-2 dollar range, and remember these are not long term signs, you can use cheap vinyl if you can stand working with it..  :thumbsup:

Alright thanks guys,  I did find that the color is the same price as white.  Plus I dont have that constant skill yet where I could lay a sheet of vinyl to cover it and not have a million air bubbles.  I have good days and bad. I dont want to waste anymore vinyl than i have to.  The guys offered to help weed and stuff too so I think Im going to keep my price a little lower due to its a charity event and such.  But for the sake of keeping costs down any suggestions on where to order some cheap stakes?  Thanks

If you haven't checked out the squeegee video links.......and Banner John's big squeegie do it yourself deal, drop everything and go do that before you apply any more vinyl.... I was having the same bubble problems as you and no longer have bubble problems.once I followed  the insttructions to the letter..I tried a plastic edged paint masker and it was no good...Got a metal edged one, applied the expensive wide velcro, and now it looks like I know what I am doing..lol. ......I also bought a coroplast yard sign big squeegie from Sign Warehouse that looks like it will be really helpful for larger stuff.. Nice and stiff, with two different padded edges.

Good luck with the signs....don't be afraid to mix it up a little with the designs..These charity jobs are a great place to try some new stuff as long as you aren't making much money anyway.

I figure I could do roughly 5 an hour (cut weed tape apply).  Around $5 in materials per sign, so around $15 ea would be my ballpark.  $17.50 if I was feeling frisky.

Not trying to high jack your thread but get this, I had a friend that wanted 100 of these and he found I guy (that I know) to do them for $3 each. I have the same suppliers as this other guy and I have no idea how he did the so cheap.

I have also seen avertising for 2.99 for one sided.  I haven't sold any yet but was wondering how to compete with those prices.  I have found the boards for around $1 and the stakes around $1 then you still have to add in the vinyl and labor.  How are these people doing them so cheap?

Kim

I have also seen avertising for 2.99 for one sided.  I haven't sold any yet but was wondering how to compete with those prices.  I have found the boards for around $1 and the stakes around $1 then you still have to add in the vinyl and labor.  How are these people doing them so cheap?

Kim

They are screenprinting in volume, not using vinyl.. You compete by offerring speed, quality, and custom design. And if they need a hundred, design it and order them wholesale screen printed yourself.  :thumbsup: