Desassoc

Grow a 'stache for Kids

Both of our kids are adopted through the Nebraska Children's Home Society (www.nchs.org) They are a 116 year old organization that offers the nation's only no cost adoptions. In addition to providing services and counseling for adoptions, they provide parenting services, low cost day care, and foster care programs. Everything they do is supported by donations. We can't begin to express how wonderful they have been for us.

This year, the NCHS has partnered with Mustaches for Kids Omaha. http://www.m4komaha.com

From May 5, (Cinco de Mustache) to June 4th, I'm planning on growing a cool 'stache, and I'm looking for supporters. If you'd be willing to help me support a very worthwhile charity, please let me know.

Checks should be made out to the Nebraska Children's Home Society Foundation, and are tax deductable as a 501 © (3) nonprofit.  There are other ways to donate, just let me know if you're interested.

You can watch my ugly mug get sweet on the M4K Omaha website: 

Please don't make me be a Trebekker!

With such burgeoning Mustaches firmly in place, fundraising should be a walk in the park. There is no limit for each grower, but there is great shame in only achieving the Alex Trebek level in the chart below. He is Canadian.  Please be aware of and obey all local laws when soliciting donations.  There are several levels of Grower levels which include:

Only 3 more weeks to go, seems like the whole family is getting in on the act!  You can Donate online at www.M4KOmaha.com  You can use "Mustache Ralph" for the growers name...

Week1MustacheRalph.jpg

Today is the last day. Online donations go until midnight. I've raised $681 dollars so far. A big thank you to everyone who donated.

My wife will now be taking a collection to get me to shave my mustache! So now you can donate either pro or anti-stache!