Sign in to follow this  
Pantera

Hi From CT Newbie here

Hello,

I just bought a 24"-25" LaserPoint off of ebay and I will have it in a few days.  I am new to this industry and am mostly interested in making automotive decals and masking stencils for beadblast.  I am an expert at autocad, but I have never used sign making software....

I look forward to learning a lot here.

Brian in CT

Welcome to our forums!!

If you know CAD, then the SignBlazer program should be simple to learn.

:lol:

Hi Brian,    welcome to the forum. just ask if you need anything and help out when and if you can. this is an awesome forum.  daniel t

Thanks everyone,

I downloaded the sign blazer trial software and have been trying to figure it all out....I have been able to import a DXF from autocad...but since I don't have the cutter yet there is not much I can do with it.  I also downloaded Inkscape....

There sure is a lot to learn here...

Brian

What are the red push buttons on each side do? It's some type of stopper for the cutter itself? My laserpoint 24 seems to freeze. :notsure: Still playing with it to work properly. how's yours doing? Maybe I should have just got the copam 24?

Guest sciondrgn

What are the red push buttons on each side do? It's some type of stopper for the cutter itself? My laserpoint 24 seems to freeze. :notsure: Still playing with it to work properly. how's yours doing? Maybe I should have just got the copam 24?

The Red buttons stops the motor from operating when they are depressed its a safety measure so you dont ware out the motor.

If these get depressed power down the unit and manually slide the carriage away from the buttons and restart and everything should be operational again