Sign in to follow this  
Rhys

Windows Vista?

Ok, I recieved my plotter and at long last my copy of signcut. I am on a laptop so am stuck with the USB/serial cable. I am also running windows vista ultimate. the drivers for the cable are for windows XP and are not digitally signed IE not technically compatible with vista. I have a  new copam CP-2500 and for the life of me I cannot get it to cut. I dont believe the computer and plotter are communicating.....

is anyone else out there able to make it cut with Vista and the USB cable?

Also, with regaurd to signcut, how often does the computer need to be online to "check in"? most of the time I am not anywhere near internet access. is there any way to get a dongle set through US Cutter? and at what price? --- I am a little pissed about this, I dont see why the software needs to check in all the time, once a month or so should be more than enough.......

any input would be appriciated, thanks

Guest fivestar

Digitally signed simply means that sign cut never got apporval from Micro$oft.  I had flexi working on Vista beta 2 so I know Flexi works with Vista, but cannot tell you about sign cut.  I would go to their website and see if there is anything posted about Sign Cut and Vista.

We haven't thoroughly tested Vista installations, but I have installed Signcut and it works fine.  I will do futher testing over the next week.

- Marcus

SignCut says it works fine with vista, right on the CD. its more the USB cable that has me wondering if thats my problem. will try to keep my progress up to date here. thanks

Guest fivestar

If you've got a printer that is connected via USB pull it off and try it will the plotter if you think your USB cable is bad.  The USB cable that is used with the plotter is just a standard USB cable.

My plotter came with a USB / Serial cable, not a normal USB. I am going to go buy a new one that specifies Vista. Hopefully that will take care of it.