Sign in to follow this  
godstrong1

wholesale pricing?

I online comapany wants to do business with me, they want to sell my decals on their site. The owner told me what kind of whole sale prices do I offer if any and what is the minimum order I told her the minimum order was 20 pieces. She told me she is interested and to send her alist of all my decal styles and whole sale prices. I have everything but don't know what to charge for wholesale pricing. All my dacals sell at retail $10 and up depending on size. I need some help on giving her. Whole sale pricing with out robbing myself. Any help is appreciated.

I would first of all proceed with caution on the deal - lots of people have been scammed - know who you are dealing with and don't extend yourself with providing stock to her before at least partial payment - of course don't give out details of your banking account.

With that said - on lots of 20  I would offer small discounts - I would offer additional discounts for larger orders to encourage an increases order size and make it worth both of your trouble.  You know what your costs are - the costs are not going to go down just because you are doing them wholesale - you are going to give up part of the profit in exchange for increasing quantity of sales.  For reasonable quantities look at 25 to 30% max discount (assuming you are making pretty decent money at your retail prices you might go as much as 40% or for larger quantities 50% ---BUT!!!!!  - run the figures to see if you are willing to do the work for the money that will come in) - Online there may be room on both ends for getting her profits where she wants them - you give a discount and she can mark them up a little (if there is room for a higher price point)

Just my 2 cents worth

--Mike