had this problem yesterday. made a graphic with just text about 11.5x47.5 inches long. tried it first with the pen in the cutter on paper to test fit, worked fine. switched over to vinyl and hit the cut button. it started to cut the weed box around the graphic and got about 60% complete and then the vinyl stopped, weird thing is the motor sounded like it was still running? got the graphic to cut by splitting it in half. this is not the first large graphic that this machine has cut, what could be the problem? thanks for any help with this issue.

I am using vista with signblazer, USB connection. no changes were made to the settings for the port that i am aware of.

being it did it with the pen I would look for static to be the problem (although this time of year that gets better.  Is your stand grounded to your cutter with a wire?

No the cutter isnt grounded. the unit does have a three prong plug though. i will hook up a ground and try it out. thanks for the response.

The issue is not with the cutter being grounded, it is with the stand not being grounded to the cutter . . .static builds up in the stand and discharges thru the cutter causing this type of problem

No the vinyl is a much better at building the static than the paper would be