Sign in to follow this  
rose

Please Help - Newbie Here!!

I have had my 24" PCut for a few weeks now but am just now setting it up.  I can not for the life of me figure out how to install the blade.  The instructions that came with the cutter are very vague.  I am a girl and NOT very mechanically inclined but I do ok at putting things together for a girl!!! HA!!!  Anyway, I need very plain speaking step by step instructions on installing the blade.  I have this little case that blades & a pin in it, I have 2 black things - one looks similar to a small screwdriver (but of course it is not a screwdriver) and the other black thing, I think is the blade holder - not sure!!!  I need to know what to do from here.

I am so sorry to appear so ignorant to this but I have never even seen a cutter before purchasing mine.  I am very good with a computer but this cutter is brand new to me!!!

HELP!!!!  I will be forever grateful

Rose  :help:

Hi.

I bought the same plotter..have been using a gerber for over 10 years that is completly different from the US Cutter. You need to have unscrew the bottom piece of the black holder (the one that has a large opening at the top and a metal thing sticking out of the bottom)(if  that makes sense!!) unscrew the bottom and take out the metal thing that is in it and take one of the blades from your packet and insert the rounded end up into the hole~it is magnatized so it will pull it right up in there. Re-tighten the bottom and you are ready to put it into the plotter...just be sure you place into the back hole~there are two placements and I made the mistake of trying to put it in the front hole which does not work for cutting vinyl. (not for me anyway!!)

Hope this helps, dont know any easier way to explain in writing. :notsure:

:thanks:

Thank you so much!  I appreciate it.  I have it going now!  I am so excited.  I have cut about 3 things now and they have turned out perfectly. 

Thank you again for your help!

Rose :woohoo: